9.16.2004

Rain, Weird Dreams

So much damned rain. Good thing I'm making rigatoni, I love rigatoni. I'd love it more if there was sunshine.

I had the funniest dream the other night. Well, I thought it was funny. I was having this affair with Ryan Stiles, and it was really hot and everything, very sexy part of the dream, and we were making out and all naked and stuff when he leaps out of bed and runs naked into the yard screaming at the neighbour to get his stuff off Ryan's lawn, and I can hear him yelling about the junk creeping onto his lawn when I realize he's yelling, "Goddammit, Joe Flaherty, I'm sick of your garbage on my lawn!". Yep, that's right. I dream of Canadian Comedy.

I am in this fringe show tonight, tomorrow night, the next night and the night after that. It's raining and raining and I've had the two busiest days yet delivering flowers, it's crazy at the store because of Rosh Hashanah, (the Jewish New Year). So now all I want to do is curl up with my book and some tea and not go anywhere. Eh, it'll be fun. Gotta go dress like a lesbian now!

x
r.

3 comments:

Joe Nobody said...

Last night I dreamed that I was an alien that crashed landed on Earth. The only thing was that when all of the people came to look at my space craft they weren't people. They were all bugs and spiders and other tiny little things. That's when I realized that I wasn't normal sized. I was a small, tiny, no bigger than a bee alien and I had crashed landed in a backyard of some house in California.

The whole dream became like this "Bug's Life" or "Toy Story" movie. All the insects talked and were very friendly. Except for the cockroach who was always somber going off about how the world was going to end and he was going to be left alone. The rest of the insects were all willing to help me get back to whatever planet I had come from, what that meant, I have no idea.

The dream got really strange when the old lady who lived in the house and was apparently too old to clean up the backyard, had sold the house. The new owners were a young couple who had dogs and loved spending time in the yard. I never saw this part of the dream. I just remember "knowing" that this had happened the minute a giant golden retriever ran out into the backyard.

After that if felt more like "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and the minute Rick Moraines popped into my head I woke up.

Sorry for the long comment. Good luck tonight, or tomorrow night, or whenever you need luck...

Night

melons said...

i was unaware i could give flowers on Rosh Hashanah! i was even more unaware there were so many people that cared about Rosh Hashanah.

good luck in your show.

Infidelia said...

that's sort of a weird thing to say, that you weren't aware so many people cared about it. it's a pretty important jewish holiday, and to assume that just because you aren't knowledgeable in this area therefore other people haven't a clue, either, is kind of strange. there's a fairly large jewish community in vancouver, so...you know...choose your language carefully.

thanks to all for luck.

x
r.