6.24.2006

Awwwwwttawa.

Lazy weekend in Ottawa. Came down with some kind of feverish illness yesterday, lightheaded and hot and cold. Dragged my ailing ass down to the fringe for our second to last show, then over to the comedy club...because...the set went so well on Wednesday's pro/am night, the booker invited me to come back and do a weekend spot. Very cool. Very exciting. Set last night was not quite as tight as Wednesday's, but still went very, very well, indeed. Will feel good to go back to Vancouver with a few hot eastern shows under my belt. Definitely need to do some goal setting with regards to my future in comedy. Make a plan. (Who IS this girl???)

Looking much forward to getting back to BC, where I understand how to care for my hair and skin. Going to head up to my mummy's for a bit at some point in July, likely after the 15th. A week or so up there, swimming and whatnot, hanging out with my sweet aging dog, see the opening of the Caravan Farm Theatre's "MacBeth". Ah.

Much about this trip has been good and soul filling. So much love and family and friends, good connection with my bio dad. Great, actually. Hoping we sometime again get to live in the same part of the world. He's convinced that I will never leave Vancouver, but I am not. I still find Montreal and Toronto and NYC thrilling with their edginess and urban drive. Must, of course, carefully consider the career options and where would best serve me in that department. Montreal is romantic, and I know I could carve a lovely social niche for myself, but as for a comedy career, who knows. Anyway, at least another year in Vancouver as the Rascalls solidify our attachment to one another and hopefully make plans for serious touring next year. Lots of wiggle room, naturally, in case something crazy happens. Knowing me, something crazy is just around the corner.

Hm. I'm going to go watch episode 2 of season 3 of entourage now. I looooves having high speed interweb. Ooooh, or maybe I'll just pop downstairs and watch the end of the Argentina/Mexico soccer game. FIFA has dominated all since I've been east. So much cheering. Not so much in Ottawa, but Montreal was bonkers for it. Ottawans are enjoying it all politely, it seems. Diplomats one and all.

x
r.

No comments: