1.25.2005

I'm funnier than THAT guy.

I. Don't. Know. What. To. Write. Today.

So here goes.

I have a new tattoo. It is awesome. And as soon as we find some batteries for the digital camera, I will post a photo of it. I love it. Like, totally love it. It's like, so totally rock n' roll. And since I have lived a "Rock n' Roll Sex Party" lifestyle, (says Warren, who is jealous), it is very fitting. It has some very special meaning to me, um, duh, I hope so, that I don't think is important to go into. Sufficed to say it has to do with a certain freedom that has settled over me, and letting things go, and understanding things, and the putting into practice several years of theory. Mhm, I remain enigmatic. Yeah, soooooooooooo mysterious.

Oh, for Pete's sake. (Not YOU, Pete!) I gotta go to bed. Here I was thinking that I was so damned clever that I could sit down without a thought in my head and write something really winning. Obviously, I am not fully recovered and still need to sleep 11 hours a night. When will the evil sickness finally pass?

Oh, by the way, I'm home now. In case anyone was all sick with worry and had been waiting up for me all these weeks. Go to sleep now...I'm here!!

Back to the city. It's very discombobulating. I don't know why I feel like I've been away for months and months, but I do. I'm having a very difficult time getting my head back in the game. I was wandering up and down Commercial Drive today, looking at things, and I felt like I hardly recognized the place. My brain, I think, is elsewhere. Wish I could find it.

I've been writing some jokes, and I think they're pretty funny. So I'll be getting back up on stage soon, because I'm an idiot and a loser if I don't. That's all there is to it. The world needs funny women. Well, the world has funny women, it just needs us to be out there doing it for public consumption. I don't know, I think it's women's turn to run things again. We couldn't possibly fuck it up any worse than the men have. Have you seen the latest Christian Right nonsense? They hate Spongebob Squarepants for being gay!! GAY!! Oh, help us, Lord, to guide these minions of evil to the light. The true light, where we keep our pointy noses out of everyone's bidness. Do we not have enough to worry about in our own lives that we have to try to run everyone else's, too? God, I don't have time to preach, what with trying to feed and house myself and make people laugh.

Oh, geez....I made a lovely dinner tonight, heavy on the garlic, and now I have really garlicky burps. Aren't you happy you read this today?

Boys, by the way, as much as I love them, are nothing but trouble. I love them. Trouble.

x
r.

No comments: