1.12.2005

Back soon...promise.

I was supposed to be back in Vancouver long ago but have been seriously waylaid by my own body, which, at first, seemed as if it was betraying me, but, upon further examination, it seems it is trying to move me forward by keeping me still. Make sense yet? No?

Here's the thing. Had a very wild New Year's eve, more to follow later, ask me about the LUGE! Woke up New Year's day with a deadly hangover, soon to be recognized as a full blown terrible cold. Had travelled through everyone at the Caravan and I thought I had cleverly escaped it, but no such luck. I stayed awake for a full hour and a half that day, before retreating to the comfort of chicken soup and bed at my mummy's house. Had to go back to work on the 2nd, and then just collapsed. Spent several days in bed, sick sick sick, then, just as it seemed I might start to mend, my back went into spasms. So painful, couldn't walk, or sit, or anything. I started to cry and couldn't stop and felt the long awaited expulsion of grief. Heaving sobs and pools of snot, very dramatic. And necessary. Didn't stop the back pain, though, and I've been in bed since.

Had a little massage therapy yesterday, and the man worked some magic, so I'm mobile today, but now feeling kind of nauseous all the time. Weird. Especially right after eating and while driving. Which doesn't bode well for the hours long drive back to the city. I've decided that being in the company of my sainted mother is the best thing for me right now and will just stay still until we collectively decide travel is a good idea. I'm seeing my miracle worker cranio sacral guy tomorrow, and know that he will fix me up but good.

I was supposed to get a tattoo today, but my guy says the nausea needs to pass first, so looks like Friday for that. For sure I'm not going back to the city without it, though.

Dizzy...so dizzy...it's a bit disconcerting. My mechanic is convinced that if I don't see a doctor the cold will turn into menengitis and I'll die, because it happened to a friend of his. Hmph. Not this girl. You're all stuck with me for a long time.

Just like to say that Warren Banks rules, and he should get that sexy tattoo...we talked for nearly three hours on the phone last night, so teenaged, and I've decided to keep him. He's rad.

Things to tell you about the past few weeks:

-Lugeing and the fallout of hurtling yourself facefirst down an icy track on an inner tube at 3 in the morning drunk drunk drunk....bit of a spectacular crash. Jeremy's fault.

-Being serenaded...not once but twice....

-The New Year's eve cabaret and my hosterly duties thereof.

-Sleighride and carol singing on x-mas day, especially the hilarious miniature pony in with a field of thoroughbreds.

-Rekindled relationship with my wonderful dog.

-The lesson of beauty coming from within.

-Snow to my knees.

-My birthday.

-Firsts: Chanukah without dad, my birthday without dad, xmas without dad, dad's birthday without dad.....wonder why my back is out.....

-Shotgunning, and the promise to learn to drive a team of horses. Buster and Barney, my new Belgian boyfriends.

It's been an amazing time. Detoxing now....gearing up for a rainy couple of months, though should be full of interesting work, and maybe romance, and maybe not. Huh.

Be kind, receive love....

x
r.

1 comment:

Infidelia said...

you know, i always think that when i use that word. i chuckle to myself. i've been waylaid in the good way occasionally, too. heh. not lately, though. boo.