7.17.2006

my lazy eye is on strike

If you hear squeaking it's probably just my rusty typing muscles working out the kinks. I know, so few and far between lately. As soon as there is reliable wireless in my pod, well, I promise nothing. Never mind.

Very good set tonight at the Media Club, much better than Friday's at Stages. Strange, since Stages was packed and the Media Club was, well, not. But the sweet little audience tonight was so attentive and ready to laugh. I tried a new bit and it went over well. Finally trying to mine my Jewiness for comedy gold. You'd think that all the good Jew material would have been done by now, but it seems this is not so. And the clever little bits that I keep thinking up, you'd REALLY think those ones had been rehashed umpteen times, but, apparently not so, either.

I think I am still drunk from last night. Went to my first ever lesbian wedding. It seems noteworthy, what with all the gay marriage talk. Very beautiful ceremony on the beach and a lovely little reception. Danced and visited with many of my good friends, and when it was over a few of us went to someone's house, then two of us walked to Denny's and ate steak and eggs at 4am, then walked home. Got home around 5:20am and watched "Spanglish" with Adam Sandler. If you have not seen this movie yet, DON'T!! That has got to be one of the worst pieces of filmic garbage I have ever been too drunk and lazy to turn off. Garbage, I say!!

So, in case I haven't mentioned to you in person, because I have been telling everyone, the big news this week is that I finally signed with an agent. This is very good news for me and I'm pretty excited about what we're gonna get done together. I'm hoping for some good touring opportunities, and who knows. Anyway, it's the next step and I'm really happy to be taking it. I've never done anything for this long before, and have never been so patient with my progression in something. I sure am having a good time.

I'm so happy not to be sad anymore. I know there will be more sad ahead, but it's a relief to be feeling like all I have to focus on is work and moving forward. I feel like darling Phil is with me all the time, ready to give advice to me in my head, should I need it. I pretended to call him on my cell phone the other night and had an imaginary conversation with him, though my end was actually out loud, but it was cool because I felt like the answers I was getting from him were what he would have said were he still with us. Sigh. I do miss him a lot still.

Little by little, y'all, it's all coming together.

Bio dad, will you call me please?

x
r..

1 comment:

miss sara said...

Congratia-fuckin'lations!! WICKED...